Audited Financial Statements
- FYE 2016 & 2017 Audited Financial Statements and Notes (PDF)
- FYE 2014 & 2015 Audited Financial Statements and Notes (PDF)
- Fye 2013 & 2014 audited financial statements and notes (PDF)
- FYE 2013 & 2012 Audited Financial Statements and notes (PDF)
- FYE 2012 & 2011 Audited Financial Statements - Combined (PDF)
- FYE 2011 & 2010 Audited Financial Statements - Combined (PDF)
- FYE 2010 & 2009 Audited Financial Statements - Combined (PDF)
- FYE 2008 & 2009 Financial Statements - Combined (PDF)
2006-2017 Charity Navigator 4-Star Rating
Hands Together has received a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America's largest independent evaluator of charities, every fiscal year since 2006. According to Charity Navigator:
"Attaining a 4-star rating verifies that Hands Together exceeds industry standards...this is our highest possible rating and indicates that your organization adheres to sector best practices and executes its mission in a financially efficient way. Only 15% of the charities we evaluate have received at least three consecutive 4-star evaluations, indicating that Hands Together outperforms most charities in America in its efforts to operate in the most fiscally responsible way possible. This exceptional designation from Charity Navigator sets Hands Together from its peers and demonstrates to the public its trustworthiness."
We prayerfully use every gift in a prudent manner. We dedicate ourselves to using each and every donation for our simple mission of outreach to the people of Haiti. Our goal is not to grow in size, but to most effectively help the poor. We do not use professional fund-raising services and we limit mailings to 1-2 per year. When we can afford to, we send out an informational newsletter to update donors on our work.
Our financial plan contains the following guidelines:
- All funds received are used for our organizational mission.
- Whenever possible, the budgeted project expenditures for each fiscal year include 80% of the net funds (after 6 months operating funds are set aside) collected in the previous twelve months.
- 20% of the net funds (after 6 months operating funds are set aside) are deposited in a reserve funds account.
- The target of this reserve fund is to eventually endow one full year's operating & maintenance expenses.
- Notwithstanding the above statements, all funds belonging to Hands Together are available for fulfilling our mission during emergencies or special circumstances.
Volunteer and In-Kind Donations
To make the most of every donation, we utilize volunteer help and donated goods and services whenever possible. We employ only an executive director, a full-time office manager, and a small part-time office staff. Fr. Tom Hagan takes no salary for his full-time work and commitment to Hands Together. Much of our needed printing, office supplies and medicine are donated by corporations and individuals.
We adhere to the following guidelines with respect to individuals, corporations and foundations who offer us their support:
Our Donors have certain rights.
- The right to be aware of Hands Together's mission and purpose
- The right to know Hands Together's officers and members of the Board of Directors and expect each of them act with the greatest transparency, integrity and discernment when implementing the organization's mission and purpose for the best interests of the community
- The right to access Hands Together's annual financial statements
- The right to know how donations, directly or indirectly contributed to the organization, are distributed, and to be assured that donated funds are used as intended by the donor -- If Hands Together cannot honor a donor request, the donor will receive a clear explanation as to why
- The right to confidentiality regarding personal information and facts about donations
- The right to expect that Hands Together will never share or sell a mailing list which includes the donor's name
- The right to ask questions of Hands Together and expect prompt, truthful and complete answers in an easily understandable way
Hands Together reserves the right to decline any contributions not in keeping with our mission or that put unreasonable demands on our limited resources.