MCP 2017 APPEALS
Every year Hands Together takes part in the Missionary Cooperative Plan at parishes across the country. Hands Together also coordinates and conducts appeals on behalf of projects and ministries in Gonaives and Cap Haitien, Haiti, as well as HT’s ministry in Port-au-Prince. All of the funds raised go directly to the work of helping the poor through feeding programs, health/medical care, education, maintenance/repair of structures, and reaching the poor with the love of Christ in the ministry designated for the appeal.
Each mission appeal is an opportunity for us to share our faith with fellow Catholics in the United States and bring to life the very real work of the mission church in Haiti and the tremendous need for us to hear the cry of the poor there and help those who are suffering. The Missionary Cooperative Plan assigns a mission group to every parish to speak about the work of our church in other parts of the world and to remind us that our church is fundamentally a Mission Church.
JUNE 24 & 25
- St. Barbara, Exeter, PA - Charles Carr (HT) Mass Times: Sat. 4:00; Sun. 8:00 (St. Cecilia), 10:30 (St. Anthony)
- Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Depew, NY - Vince Gallagher (GN) Mass Times: Sat. 4:00; Sun. 8:30, 11:0
- St. Eugene, Grand Chenier, LA - Fr. Tom Hagan (CH) Mass Times: Sat. 4:00; Sun. 8:30
- Holy Family, Artesia, CA - Doug Campbell and Fr. Tim Klosterman (HT) Mass Times: Sat. 5:00, 7:00 (1st Sat Tagalog Mass); Sun. 6:30, 8:00 (Spanish), 9:45, 11:30, 1:00 (Portuguese), 2:30 (1st/2nd Sun Chinese Mass), 4:00, 5:30, 7:00
FIRST APPEAL OF THE 2017 MISSION APPEAL SEASON March 11 & 12: Our Lady Queen of Peace & St. Margaret of Cortona Mission in Schenectady, NY, hosted Doug Campbell & Joshua Velez (HT's new Mission Appeals Coordinator) for the 1st appeal of the season, speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien. Many thanks to Fr. Vincent and the good people of the parishes for their hospitality and support.
MAY 20 & 21 at Diocese of Wilmington: Good Shepherd / St. Agnes / St. Teresa of Avila Parishes in Perryville, Maryland. Mass Times: Saturday - 4:00 (Good Shepherd), 7:00 (St. Agnes) Sunday - 8:00 (St. Teresa of Avila), 10:00 (St. Agnes), 12:00 (Good Shepherd). Speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien : Vince Gallagher
JUNE 3 & 4
- Deacon Steve Beers will be speaking at Saints Peter & Paul in Atlantic, IA - Mass Times: Saturday - 5:30, Sunday - 10:30 and St. Mary in Anita, IA - Mass Time: Sunday 8:30 for Hands Together.
- Ann O'Donnell will be speaking at St. Aidan in Livonia, MI - Mass Times: Sat. 5:00; Sun. 7:30, 9:30, 11:30 on behalf of the Diocese of Gonaives
- Fr. Jack Martin will be speaking at Our Lady of the Angels in Taylor, MI - Mass Times: Sat. 4:00; Sun. 8:00, 10:00, 12:00 noon on behalf of the Diocese of Gonaives
JUNE 11 & 12
- Fr. Tom - Our Lady of the Immaculate Heart in Ankeny, IA for HT
- David Lopez - St. John the Baptist, Laughlin, NV for HT
- Fr. Joe Townsend - Our Lady of Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV for HT
- Tristen Seagondollar - St. Mary & St. Kathryn in Mora & Ogilvie, MN for Gonaives, Haiti
JUNE 17 & 18 Vince Santilli - St. Luke's in Stroudsburg, PA for Hands Together.
Fr. Alan Zobler - St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception in Rushville, IN on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien, Haiti.
Any questions can be directed to our Mission Appeals Coordinator Joshua Vélez - firstname.lastname@example.org
“Hands Together has been working in Haiti over the past twenty years and is providing essential services and a genuine Christian witness in areas where others are either afraid or unable to operate.”
“I have been able to appreciate at first hand the wonderful work being done by Fr. Hagan and his team in very difficult circumstances and often in situations where their own lives are in danger. I can also vouch for the transparent way in which funds have been used so as to benefit the maximum number of people and in a way that addresses their real needs.” --Archbishop Eugene M. Nugent, Apostolic Nuncio in Haiti
“I am greatly impressed by the love, the care and perseverance with which Father Tom and his organization of Hands Together have lavished upon our poor people in Gonaives and Cite Soleil. The places they minister are extremely difficult and often dangerous.” --Sr. M. Marthe MC, Regional Superior in Haiti Missionaries of Charity
"In my knowledge, no non-profit group in Haiti is more effective, efficient and financially responsible than Hands Together.” --Most Reverend Bishop Donald J. Hying, Bishop of Gary, IN