MCP 2017 APPEALS
Every year Hands Together takes part in the Missionary Cooperative Plan at parishes across the country. Hands Together also coordinates and conducts appeals on behalf of projects and ministries in Gonaives and Cap Haitien, Haiti, as well as HT’s ministry in Port-au-Prince. All of the funds raised go directly to the work of helping the poor through feeding programs, health/medical care, education, maintenance/repair of structures, and reaching the poor with the love of Christ in the ministry designated for the appeal.
Each mission appeal is an opportunity for us to share our faith with fellow Catholics in the United States and bring to life the very real work of the mission church in Haiti and the tremendous need for us to hear the cry of the poor there and help those who are suffering. The Missionary Cooperative Plan assigns a mission group to every parish to speak about the work of our church in other parts of the world and to remind us that our church is fundamentally a Mission Church.
July 22 & 23:
- Our Lady of Fatima & Our Lady of the Valley – Delanson & Middleburgh, NY. Joshua Velez will be speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien. Mass Times: Sat. 4pm (5:45 Olo Valley), Sun. 8am (9:45am Olo Valley)
- Ss. Gabriel & Bridget – Connersville & Liberty, IN. Fr. Mike Knipe will be speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien. Mass Times: Sat. 6:45pm, Sun. 7:45am St. Bridget, 10am & 12noon
- Sacred Heart – Susanville, CA. Deacon Jim Hopp will be speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien. Mass Times: Sat. 5:30pm, Sun. 8 & 11am and 5pm
- Our Lady of the Angels – Cape May Court House. Fred Seymour will be speaking for Hands Together. Mass Times: Sat. 5pm, Sun. 8, 9 & 11am
FIRST APPEAL OF THE 2017 MISSION APPEAL SEASON March 11 & 12: Our Lady Queen of Peace & St. Margaret of Cortona Mission in Schenectady, NY, hosted Doug Campbell & Joshua Velez (HT's new Mission Appeals Coordinator) for the 1st appeal of the season, speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien. Many thanks to Fr. Vincent and the good people of the parishes for their hospitality and support.
MAY 20 & 21 at Diocese of Wilmington: Good Shepherd / St. Agnes / St. Teresa of Avila Parishes in Perryville, Maryland. Mass Times: Saturday - 4:00 (Good Shepherd), 7:00 (St. Agnes) Sunday - 8:00 (St. Teresa of Avila), 10:00 (St. Agnes), 12:00 (Good Shepherd). Speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien : Vince Gallagher
JUNE 3 & 4
- Deacon Steve Beers will be speaking at Saints Peter & Paul in Atlantic, IA - Mass Times: Saturday - 5:30, Sunday - 10:30 and St. Mary in Anita, IA - Mass Time: Sunday 8:30 for Hands Together.
- Ann O'Donnell will be speaking at St. Aidan in Livonia, MI - Mass Times: Sat. 5:00; Sun. 7:30, 9:30, 11:30 on behalf of the Diocese of Gonaives
- Fr. Jack Martin will be speaking at Our Lady of the Angels in Taylor, MI - Mass Times: Sat. 4:00; Sun. 8:00, 10:00, 12:00 noon on behalf of the Diocese of Gonaives
JUNE 11 & 12
- Fr. Tom - Our Lady of the Immaculate Heart in Ankeny, IA for HT
- David Lopez - St. John the Baptist, Laughlin, NV for HT
- Fr. Joe Townsend - Our Lady of Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV for HT
- Tristen Seagondollar - St. Mary & St. Kathryn in Mora & Ogilvie, MN for Gonaives, Haiti
JUNE 17 & 18 Vince Santilli - St. Luke's in Stroudsburg, PA for Hands Together.
Fr. Alan Zobler - St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception in Rushville, IN on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien, Haiti.
JUNE 24 & 25
- St. Barbara, Exeter, PA - Charles Carr (HT)
- Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Depew, NY - Vince Gallagher (GN)
- St. Rose of Lima, NY, NY - Joseph Cinemato (GN)
- St. Eugene, Grand Chenier, LA - Fr. Tom Hagan (CH)
- Holy Family, Artesia, CA - Doug Campbell and Fr. Tim Klosterman (HT)
JULY 1 & 2: Sacred Heart of Jesus Church in Peckville, PA, Vince Santilli will be speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien. Mass times are Sat. 4:00; Sun. 8:00, 10:00
JULY 8 & 9
- Ss. Brendan & Jude Parish and Blessed Sacrament in Wellsville, NY. Joseph Cinemato will be speaking for Hands Together. Mass Times: Sat. 5pm at St. Brendan Chapel, Sun. 11 am & 6:30pm at St. Jude Chapel, Sun. 9am at Blessed Sacrament.
- St. Joseph in Holland, NY. Tristen Seagondollar will be speaking on behalf of the Diocese of Gonaives. Mass Times: Sat. 5pm, Sun. 8:30 & 11:30am
- St. David of Wales Parish in Richmond, CA. David Lopez will be speaking on behalf of Diocese of Gonaives. Mass Times: Sat. 5pm, Sun. 8, 9:30, & 11am.
JULY 15 & 16
- Immaculate Conception, Glenville, NY, Deacon Steve Beers will be speaking on behalf of the Archdiocese of Cap Haitien. Mass Times: Sat. 5pm, Sun. 8 & 11am
- St. Catherine of Sienna, Trumbull, CT, Vince Santilli will speaking on behalf of the Diocese of Gonaives. Mass Times: Sat. 4 & 7:15 pm, Sun. 7:30, 9, 10:30 m & 12 noon
- St. Lawrence, Shelton, CT, Bill Darling will be speaking for Hands Together. Mass Times: Sat. 5pm, Sun. 7:30, 9:30 & 11:30am & 5pm
- Ascension Parish, Overland Park, KS, David Lopez will be speaking for Hands Together. Mass Times: Sat. 4:30pm, Sun. 8:15, 10, & 11:45am & 5pm
- Our Lady of the Rosary, San Diego, CA, Tristen Seagondollar will be speaking for Hands Together. Mass Times: Sat. 5:30pm, Sun. 7:30, 9,& 10:30am and & 12 noon.
Any questions can be directed to our Mission Appeals Coordinator Joshua Vélez - email@example.com
“Hands Together has been working in Haiti over the past twenty years and is providing essential services and a genuine Christian witness in areas where others are either afraid or unable to operate.”
“I have been able to appreciate at first hand the wonderful work being done by Fr. Hagan and his team in very difficult circumstances and often in situations where their own lives are in danger. I can also vouch for the transparent way in which funds have been used so as to benefit the maximum number of people and in a way that addresses their real needs.” --Archbishop Eugene M. Nugent, Apostolic Nuncio in Haiti
“I am greatly impressed by the love, the care and perseverance with which Father Tom and his organization of Hands Together have lavished upon our poor people in Gonaives and Cite Soleil. The places they minister are extremely difficult and often dangerous.” --Sr. M. Marthe MC, Regional Superior in Haiti Missionaries of Charity
"In my knowledge, no non-profit group in Haiti is more effective, efficient and financially responsible than Hands Together.” --Most Reverend Bishop Donald J. Hying, Bishop of Gary, IN